Catch Up Premium
Targeted Academic Support
In relation to one-to-one and small group tuition, schools could consider:
- Creating a three-way relationship between tutor, teacher and pupils, ensuring that tuition is guided by the school, linked to the curriculum and focussed on the areas where pupils would most benefit from additional practice or feedback.
- Ensuring tuition group sizes are small or that tuition is offered on a one-to-one basis.
- Having tuition delivered by qualified teachers; however, tuition delivered by tutors, TAs or trained volunteers can also be valuable.
In relation to intervention programmes, schools could consider:
- Ensuring literacy and numeracy are focussed on.
- Ensuring programmes meet the specific needs of pupils.
- Focussing on other aspects of learning, such as behaviour or social and emotional needs, where required.
- Making sure interventions are followed by an assessment, which can be used to ensure that support is well-targeted.
- Ensuring TAs or volunteers who are delivering interventions are trained in the specific content and approaches
In relation to extended school time, schools could consider:
- Extending the length of the school day to provide additional support to pupils.
- Ensuring any extension of the school day is supported by parents and staff.
- Ensuring regular sessions are maintained over a sustained period and that delivery is consistent.
In relation to access to technology, schools could consider:
- Continuing to ensure pupils have the required access to technology.
- Utilising technology to facilitate tuition, where required.
- Investing in additional technology, either by providing pupils with devices or improving the facilities available in school.
- Ensuring the elements of effective teaching are present when using technology, e.g. providing clear explanations and feedback.
- Providing support and guidance on how to use technology effectively.
|School Name||Featherstone Primary School – 330 2294|
|Academic year:||Sept 2020 – July 2021|
|Total number of pupils on roll:||405|
|Total catch-up budget:||
£80 per pupil
Total amount £33,360
£19,460 (Sept 2020 – March 2021)
Summer (April 2021 – Aug 2021): £13,900
|Lead Teacher:||Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher|
Catch Up Action Plan for 2020-2021