Committees and Monitoring Roles
The role of the Governing Board is a strategic one, and its key functions are to:
- Set the aims and objectives for the school
- Set the policies for achieving those aims and objectives
- Set the targets for achieving those aims and objectives
- Monitor & evaluate the progress the school is making towards the achievement of its aims and objectives
- Be a source of challenge & support to the Head Teacher (a critical friend)
The Head Teacher is responsible for the internal organisation, management and control of the school and the implementation of the strategic framework established by the Governing Board.