Assistant Building Services Supervisor
Grade 2: Salary £18,887-£20,493
36.5 hours per week - all year round
Variable shift pattern between the hours of 7.00am – 6.15pm
Featherstone Primary School, Glenville Drive, Erdington, Birmingham B23 6PR
If you like variety in your working day and would like to gain practical skills, then this role could be ideal for you. We are seeking an enthusiastic, hardworking and committed Assistant Building Site Supervisor to join our busy Site Team. Some basic skills in DIY and gardening are desirable but not essential as training will be given. We support the professional development of our staff and the right candidate will have the opportunity to gain a nationally recognised IWFM facilities qualification.
Duties will include:
- Minor repairs and maintenance,
- Ground's maintenance and gardening,
- General cleaning duties throughout the school day to ensure all facilities are clean and safe,
- General porterage duties including movement of deliveries, furniture and equipment within the school,
- Opening and closing of the site on a shift basis.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Positive with a ‘can do’ approach to all requests,
- friendly, hardworking and a team player,
- able to work on their own initiative and under supervision,
- enjoys out door work and gardening,
- willing to undertake further training as required.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
If you are interested and would like to find out more, then we would like to meet you.
Please contact the school office to arrange an informal visit on 0121 675 9740.
Closing Date: 5th July 2022, 12 noon
Completed applications to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Featherstone Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks including: enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work.
All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Rehabilitation of offenders: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.