Sequence and Progression of Learning
- At Featherstone Primary School, we have tailored a curriculum which is ambitious for all our children.
- We recognise that not only is each child an individual but also each class and each member of staff, who all have unique interests, skills and talents. Our curriculum is designed flexibly to meet the needs of these groups.
- Character Education is central to children’s development. Through our Healthy Mind, Healthy Body Curriculum, children develop the right learning attitudes to support better outcomes.
As part of the curriculum design, we have addressed the following:
- Developing sequential, progressional learning, where pupils know more and can do more, building on what they have been previously taught
- Local context and enriching the lives of pupils
- Strong focus on subject disciplines and subject-specific skills
- Considering depth, breadth and curriculum content
- Seeing the curriculum as a progressional model, by reviewing and evaluating curriculum design (through improvement steering groups)
- Having a clear purpose for assessment
- Listening to pupil's voice so that this feeds into the curriculum
- Clear curriculum leadership and ownership for all
Progression within Art and Design
Progression within Design Technology
Progression within Languages (Spanish)